Monday, March 14, 2011

Carrot and Sultana Cake


Although I would like to say that "due to a bit more spare time I managed to bake a cake"... that would be a lie because I tend to bake cakes on a busy week day anyway!

This one is an evolution of the tried and tested Carrot Cake   recipe... but since I ran out of almonds, I substituted 3 handfuls of sultanas... and instead of white sugar, I used 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar, thinking that it would echo the deep complex sweetness of the sultanas.
I also used less than the quantity of white sugar in the previous recipe because the sultanas would be sweet by themselves...

Not quite sure yet what it tastes like... it's still cooling in its tin :) Might be taken to office tomorrow by him as I will be in Syd for the next two days...

Anyway...

This photo (as well as the one from the previous post were uploaded via my Blackberry, straight into blogger, and I'm really loving this mechanism. I'd still have to edit via the dashboard to insert the tags or to modify the position of the photo and to link previous posts, but I think it works really well for quick uploads!

That's my 'rave' review for this afternoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment