Sunday, May 1, 2011

A1 Lebanese Bakery

One Saturday we were around Brunswick and found the A1 Lebanese Bakery. The place is not just a bakery, but had a coffee shop and grocery as well. We found a seat at the corner, and after browsing through the menu posted on the upper part of the wall above the counter, debating on what sounds yummier over the other, and realizing that we cannot order everything, we settled for a wrap with fresh veggies and zaatar (a spice mix usually made of sesame seeds, oregano, thyme, salt and sumac) and a spinach triangle - and they were worth every bite!

And, the coffee was strong. Very strong. Which is a good thing, personally.

The bakery also had a section with condiments, Mediterranean spices and tins of things that all look yummy, and shisha contraptions for what I think is a reasonable price (compared to the other ones I've seen in Melbourne so far!) I did manage to restrain myself from an impulsive purchase and left it at the shelf  - gives me an excuse to come back and get one (if I don't manage to actually buy one from somewhere in the Mediterranean sometime in this lifetime!) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment