Sunday, April 3, 2011

Layered Easter Egg Chocolate Cake - take 2


I wasn't too happy with the frosting on the layers on the previous cake, and I didn't have the heart to use all of the ganache and frosting in just one cake (it seemed a bit too sweet for my liking)

so I thought hey why not make another cake :)

Too easy hahaha.

Except of course I didn't have enough frosting and ganache to make the same number of layers, so I resorted to making my basic chocolate cake recipe, slicing it into two, and just sandwiching the remaining frosting between the 2 layers. There was sufficient ganache for a sexy topping, and some easter eggs left so I just followed the same approach to piling them on top. 

Now I can get over it, and move on to the next cake!!! :p

I originally made the cake for Sunday afternoon nibblies and bubblies with neighbors, so now I have another cake to take to office. I'm sure the office folks wouldn't mind having cake on a Monday. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment