Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Irishman's Birthday Cake



Sorry it's been a while since my last post! I have been a bit pre-occupied with general stuff around the house, at work, and all over the place. Sometimes I wake up on a Monday morning thinking that another week is about to commence, and then all of a sudden it's the weekend, and before I get the chance to relax, it's Monday again! Time flies and sometimes it's not funny - I have so many things to do!

Anyway one of things that I did was to bake a cake for the birthday boy, the resident Irish Man himself. A surprise trip to Mooroolbark airport for an express helicopter flying session did the trick. He liked it! The cake base was from the coles recipe from before. I'm beginning to regularly use this as the cake base for chocolate cakes. And since there are so many ways to dress up a cake, no one can tell the difference sometimes. The frosting for this was a swiss meringue buttercream. I followed this particular recipe that I found in youtube - it looked to be the simplest, no-fuss technique compared to the other ones I've seen. And it turned out to be very good! I used a sparkler instead of a candle for an extra special touch.

Happy birthday mo stor! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment