Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pan de Sal

One afternoon after seeing a Facebook post from a friend who baked humble Filipino bread bun pan de sal (spanish for 'bread of salt') i felt that little knot in my stomach.... Which eventually turned out to be hunger. For this bread. So i set off to make some of my own!

A previous post on pan de sal here

I was lucky to have some liver spread in the pantry... to my mind this is like a poor man's pate... This is actually one of the preferred sandwich fillings, the other options being margarine and maybe a sprinkling of sugar... Peanut butter... A sweet coconut spread... But I would have opted for tinned corned beef, sauteed in some garlic and onions, if i had some! (mental note to get some this weekend!) This could have been a Pinoy breakfast, or merienda (afternoon tea)...

I think i was homesick for a split second.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you were homesick for a little more than a split second...

    Any hay, what's with the tinned meats? Liver spread? Corned beef? No fresh food in the Phils? ;-)

    ReplyDelete